Arend van Rosmalen LL.M.
Arend obtained his Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Groningen, where he studied Dutch private law and European law. Creativity and optimism are qualities that characterize Arend. Arend’s thesis on EU citizenship was awarded The Hanneke Steenbergen prize. Arend previously worked at a law firm in Amsterdam, where he achieved outstanding results for both corporate and individual clients. Arend regularly files objections and court appeals against municipalities, IND, the Ministry of Security and Justice, the Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment. Through his creative and thorough style, Arend has helped clients to achieve outstanding results. Arend is a member of the Administrative Law Association, the Dutch Lawyers Committee on Human Rights and the Dutch Association for European Law.
Recent cases handled by Arend:
– Two young foreign entrepreneurs planned to start a green and innovative startup in the Netherlands, but they encountered immigration issues. Through the guidance of Arend, both of them were granted the startup residence permit by the IND.
– A Dutch shipping company indented to hire a Ukrainian specialist for the technical management of a ship. Arend advised the company regarding the best immigration procedure for their situation. Arend arranged the application and submitted it to the IND. The company was recognized as sponsor, and the specialist and his wife were both granted entry visas and residence permits with a couple of weeks.
– A Chinese sales director of a well-known Dutch fashion company sought advice regarding the extension of her Highly killed Migrant visa. Arend communicated with the company regarding the proper handling of the application under the Immigration Act, and the application was eventually filed by the company in conformity with the Act.
– The IND refused to issue a highly skilled migrant visa to a Chinese manager of a Rotterdam based food company. The IND presumed wrongly that the salary was not genuine, and decided without evidence that the employee was unqualified as a highly skilled migrant. Arend represented the employer and the foreign manager, and appealed to the court in The Hague. The judge ruled in favor of Arend and his clients, and decided that the IND completely misinterpreted the CV of the manager. The IND accepted the ruling and quickly issued the visa.
– Because of insufficient study progress, the IND planned to withdraw a foreign student’s residence permit. Arend represented the student and filed an objection, presenting the student’s personal circumstances to both the IND and the university. It appeared that there were good reasons for the student’s insufficient study progress, and the student was already well on track to graduate. The IND therefore withdrew the previous decision, and the student was able to continue his studies.
George Qiao LL.M.
George graduated with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Dutch Law from VU University Amsterdam. George’s main research interests were employment relations in complex “pre-pack” insolvencies. Before founding Mynta Law, he worked at an immigration law firm in Amsterdam. George specialises in the fields of business migration, employment law, civil litigation and real estate.
A list of recent cases that George successfully handled.
- Helped a senior manager receive a €140000 redundancy compensation from a multinational;
- Helped an employee of a Dutch-based Taiwanese company receive a €30000 redundancy compensation;
- Dispute about a 20000 square meter parcel of agricultural land;
- Dispute between a Rotterdam-based company and her employee;
- Dispute about a 10000 square meter parcel of heavily polluted industrial land;
- Disputes between landlords and tenants (refund of deposits and default on rent etc.)
- Benelux and British trademark applications
- Helped many foreign clients set up their daughter companies in the Netherlands;
- Helped many clients acquire real estate (houses, land and castles etc.)
George is a co-author of the book Tekst en toelichting modern migratierecht (in English: Modern Migration Policy Act: Text and Explanation).
In addition to his LL.M degree, George obtained a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree from Utrecht University. He is fluent in Dutch, English and Mandarin Chinese
Qiaoyan Li LL.M.
Qiaoyan Li advises both companies and individuals on migration law and company law. For instance, she helps foreign entrepreneurs set up their companies in the Netherlands and help them realise their investment plans. Also, Qiaoyan has helped a number of clients apply for knowledge migrant and regular employment permits and has achieved excellent results.
Qiaoyan graduated with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in International Business Law from Tilburg University. During her study at Tilburg University, Qiaoyan was awarded numerous prizes because of her excellent academic results. Qiaoyan obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree from Hefei University of Technology (China) and holds the Chinese lawyer qualification.
Partners of Mynta Law
Takens Admiraal Advocaten
Ajtena Abdi LL.M.
Ajtena obtained her Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the University of Leiden where she specialized in Constitutional and Administrative Law. She started focusing on (European) Migration Law already during her study. For Ajtena, it is therefore a well calculated choice to work within this field of law. Besides that, Ajtena is also an expert in Dutch nationality law.
Before joining Mynta Law, Ajtena worked at various law firms where she successfully handled cases within migration and nationality law. She has also worked for the Dutch Ministry of Justice and Security, where she handled cases within immigration law.
Ajtena is a determined and committed lawyer. Through her strategic and creative approach, she achieves the desired results. She quickly understands what the client’s wishes are and considers it a priority to build a relationship of trust with her clients. Her business and private clients particularly value her for her determination, result-driven nature, and friendliness.
Ajtena is a member of the Dutch Lawyers Committee for Human Rights. In addition to Dutch and English, she also speaks German, Macedonian and Romani. You can contact her at +31 70 205 11 66 and email@example.com.
Xiaoying He LL.M.
Xiaoying graduated with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in International Business Law from VU University Amsterdam. Xiaoying obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree from Zhejiang Sci-tech University (China). Xiaoying also holds the Chinese lawyer license, and has practiced Chinese law for around 5 years.
Xiaoying He now focus on migration law and company law. She advises both companies and individuals on immigrations issues in the Netherlands. More specifically, she helps foreign entrepreneurs set up their companies in the Netherlands and help them realise their investment plans. Meanwhile, Xiaoying also assist clients with the application for knowledge migrant and regular employment permits. With her excellent analytic skills, she provides precise advice, proceed the immigration procedure quickly and realize the goal of the clients efficiently.